Tuesday 22 December 2015

Class 7 Direct and Indirect speech

Exercise A.
1. She told Rita that when she was not n Delhi, she often met Mini.
2. I said that children are very energetic.
3. The pilot told the passengers that the plane would land in Kolkota.
4. The speaker said that young students need to devote time to social work.
5. The lawyer said that it was a hopeless case.
6. The teacher announced that there would be no classes that day.
7. Sarah said that Gita had worked efficiently.
8. The director told the students that they were very dedicated, so they would do well in life.
9. Soma told me that she had been very ill but she was better then.
10. The passenger said that he had to buy some water.
11. He said that his wife wanted to study law and join a law firm.
12. The police officer said that the accident had taken place at dawn.

Exercise B
1. The budding cricketer told his coach that he would improve if he guided him.
2. I told my friend that he/ she was not working hard enough.
3. The lady told her son that he was very impatient and lost his temper for trivial reasons.
4. I said that he could be trusted to do that job.
5. He told me that Sandeep should not have criticised his sister.
6. He said that he would talk to me/you/him about that the following month.
7. Jiya told me that she would return from London before I left for Chennai.
8. I told the mason that he was taking too long to finish the work. He had promised to complete it in a month.
9. Dr. David told me that I had injured my hamstring muscle. I needed to take rest till the following week.
10. He told me that I could go swimming the next day.
11. Rahul told me that he had met our Maths teacher the day before and he had promised to visit us that day.
12. I said that we had shifted to that apartment a month before.

Exercise C.
1. The stranger asked me if I had lost my way.
2. I asked Rima if she would like to have an ice cream.
3. She asked me lovingly what I would like to eat.
4. She asked me how much money she should take for the vacation.
5. She asked the plumber if he could fix it in a day. The plumber replied in negative that he couldn't start work before the  coming week.
6. I asked the man if he could direct me to the post office.
7. I asked my teacher if he/she could explain that to me the next day.
8. Gora asked his mother why they couldn't go to the zoo that day.
9. She asked her friend if he/she would help her pack her bags. The friend replied in affirmative that he/she would certainly help.
10. She asked me who I was and what it was that I wanted from her.
11. He asked me if I could meet him at the library.
12. I asked the porter how much he would take for carrying my bags to the platform.

Exercise D
1. I ordered/requested Rima to help me in cleaning that room.
2. The teacher advised the pupils not to go out in the rain.
3. She requested me to repeat what I had just said.
4. The director advised the actor to be careful when he performed the stunts.
7. My father warned me that at that rate I would lose all my money.
8. Her brother advised her not to speak ill of her friends.
9. He advised his sister not to rush through that or she might commit grave errors.
10. He requested me not to misunderstand him.
11. The mother advised the children not to be so nervous about the exams.

2 comments: